Thursday, March 29, 2012
I was tagged by my sweet friend Sudha of Wit, Wok, and Wisdom to answer 12 questions about me that she composed. For better or worse, here they are:
1. Given a choice, which profession would you love to choose? Homemaker and mother...I have a BSN from the Medical University of South Carolina, but have rarely worked out of the home.
2. What pleases you more – cooking or baking? I am pretty much a savory cook, but I am beginning to branch out into bread making with the help of our sweet Kitty, of Kitty's Kozy Kitchen! We live near each other, and have been friends for years.
3. Which movie is you favorite movie? The Quiet Man with John Wayne
4. If there was one thing that you could change in your family, what would it be? That my son Micheal had not suffered a traumatic brain injury in 2004, and that his life was not so sad and difficult.
5. If there was one thing that you could change in you, what would it be? My temper.
6. Do you feel the need to refer to cookbooks when you cook/bake? Give the reason why. Most of my cooking is done from memory. I make a lot of dishes that have been cooked by my family for generations...but I love trying new recipes!
7. Who is the greatest inspiration of your life? My husband, and his mother and my grandmother...those two exceptional ladies are deceased...and I miss them every day.
8. Which is the most recent book/magazine you have read? Southern Lady magazine.
9. What made you start blogging? I wanted to preserve and pass on to my grandchildren and nieces old family recipes, plus making a connection with others who love cooking as much as I do.
10. On an average, what percentage of time can you afford to spend on your blog in a day? A couple of hours in the evening, while my hubby watches TV.
11. Which feature of blogging do you like the most? Making new friends like you! :)
12. What feature in my blog do you like the most? Your comments, and lovely recipes! I has been a pleasure getting to know you.