I love my followers! Join us, and I will follow back! Making new friends is so much fun!

Friday, June 8, 2012

Skillet Shish Kabob


I know this dish is a contradiction, as shish means skewer, but that's what I am calling it anyway.  I had planned shish kabobs for dinner the other night, but we had over three inches of rain..  We always welcome rain in Texas, even if it does spoil our outdoor plans.  The meat for the kabobs had marinated overnight, so it had to be cooked.  A small light came on in my head, and I decided to cook them inside.  I really wasn't motivated to thread everything on the skewers...okay, I was too lazy to do it.  Instead, I cooked the meat on my stove-top grill, sauteed the vegetables in a skillet, and added the meat to the skillet for the last few minutes.  This is very simple, actually too simple to be a recipe, but it was so tasty I wanted to share it.  It is a lot less time consuming too! Sweet hubby loved it!

Marinate your favorite kabob meat in Good Seasons Italian Dressing overnight.
Cook meat on a hot grill for about 3 minutes on each side; a little less than desired doneness.
Cut 1 yellow, 1 red, 1/2 green, bell pepper and a large Vidalia onion into chunks.
Heat 2TBS olive oil in skillet, and saute vegetables until they soften a bit; add the grilled meat to the pan for the last few minutes.  Add about 2TBS of the Italian dressing, and cook until vegetable are the desired texture, and meat to desired doneness.  Easy peasy!

Mix it up Monday

8 comments:

  1. That is my dressing of choice for marinading meat to grill! Thanks for the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sound great! I have NEVER marinated meat in that dressing. I am anxious to try it now. Thanks, Patsy- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious! A definite family pleaser...I know mine would love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so easy and delicious! A great dish for summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that you marinate the meat looks terrific thanks for sharing it on foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shish kebab
    Delicious! A definite family pleaser...I know mine would love it! :)

    ReplyDelete