I love my followers! Join us, and I will follow back! Making new friends is so much fun!

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Antipasto



Our brother, sister and niece visited this weekend.  We had a great time!  When Dodd's get together, there is always going to be food involved, so we spent a good portion of the weekend around the table.  Last night I made Spaghetti with Meatballs and Italian Sausage (recipe on this blog).  For an appetizer, I made an Antipasto platter.  The meats, cheeses, and veggies I used were a great combination.

Ingredients:
Copocola
Italian salami
Pepperoni
Hot Italian sausage
Provolone cheese
Vermont extra sharp cheddar
Red grape tomatoes
Yellow grape tomatoes
Marinated artichoke hearts
Feta Stuffed olives
Calamata olives
Homemade roasted red peppers
Instructions:
Clean peppers and cut into 4-5 pieces, lengthwise.  Place on cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil, and place under over broiler.  Cook until skin blackens, taking care not to let pepper flesh burn.  Remove from oven, cool. then remove skins.  I put them in a covered container, and pour a little Italian Dressing over them (I use Good Seasons).  Put in fridge for a few hours or overnight.
Line large platter with lettuce, and arrange all ingredients for a pretty presentation...serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment