I love my followers! Join us, and I will follow back! Making new friends is so much fun!

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Patty's Fudge

I am making more Christmas treats for Santa and my family today.  This is next on the to cook list.  This is my husband and adult sons favorite candy...they always want it at Christmastime.

Ingredients:
2/3 C Hershey’s cocoa
3 C sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
1 ½ C whole milk
¼ C butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c pecan pieces

Instructions:
Combine sugar, salt and cocoa in a pot, mixing well.  Stirring constantly, slowly add milk, and put on burner.  Stir until mixture boils, then stir occasionally.  Cook until it reaches soft ball stage.  Drop a small amount of mixture in a cup of cold water.  If it forms into a soft ball, it is done.  Remove from heat, add butter and vanilla.  Beat until creamy and it loses its gloss.  Quickly stir in pecans and pour onto a buttered platter.  When it sets, cut into squares.

1 comment: