I love my followers! Join us, and I will follow back! Making new friends is so much fun!

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Susta's Frozen Cranberry Salad

I just received this recipe from my cute, crazy, red-haired sister-in-law. I call her Susta, because I have loved her since she was six years old...she is 59 now, and still adorable! The recipe and the comments below are hers:

Here's the recipe. It's really pretty and VERY yummy! I make it at Thanksgiving and Christmas. I hope I make the blog!!! Peace!! Susta

2 small cans crushed pineapple (drained)
1 can whole berry cranberry sauce
2 3-ounce packages of cream cheese
2 TBS mayonnaise
3 TBS sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup whipped cream (I use the whipped cream in the can if I don't have time to whip it myself -- not that I'm lazy or anything, you understand!)

Instructions:
Combine first six ingredients with mixer. Then fold in the whipped cream. Can be spread in oblong dish and cut into squares after frozen, or put in pretty dessert dish or foil cupcake papers (makes about 16 servings in the cupcake papers and makes pretty individual servings) and freeze.
I am sharing this recipe with Tea Party TuesdaySimply Delish Saturday and Tickled Pink Saturday

11 comments:

  1. Looks delish!

    We'd love you to share your recipes with us at

    Simply Delish Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for dropping by my blog, and for the nice compliment. I am now a follower on your blog, and will post this recipe for Simply Delish Saturday. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Patsy. Your frozen cranberry salad sounds wonderful!

    Thanks for visiting toolsforkitchens and for complimenting my holiday cranberry salad recipe. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a perfect salad for the holiday!! Tell Susta thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds delicious. I am a huge fan of frozen fruit salads. In fact, I am serving one very similar to this on Turkey Day - it's already in the freezer. Mine has pineapple, whole berry cranberry sauce, and bananas. Enjoy! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving day. Love to you and your fellas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is something that just looks fantastic! I love cranberries! You can take your granddaughters and join Sophia and I any day for tea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so yummy. It has been ages since I last made a frozen cranberry salad. I'm not quite sure why I stopped doing it actually. I used to layer a cranberry mixture with a cream cheese mixture in Dixie cups. Once frozen I just peeled the cup away, and inverted them on a leaf of lettuce. Thanks for the reminder!

    Happy Thanksgiving, Patsy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Pattie. Please stop by again. I am now a follower on your blog. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That really looks tasty, but I will have to leave the makings to you. I sure would help eat it tho. I just do not cook much anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This recipe sounds so delish! A must try! I am a new follower now! :) Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds very yummy and I love cranberries, thanks for sharing, I am gonna have to try this one soon :)

    ReplyDelete