I love my followers! Join us, and I will follow back! Making new friends is so much fun!

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Nanny's Pecan Pie

One last thing for Thanksgiving Dinner. My grandmothers Pecan Pie. She always made this pie for Thanksgiving with Georgia Pecans from our trees, and our neighbors fresh made butter and cane syrup. This has been a part of my Holidays for 69 years! My grandmother started it, and I have prepared it for 51 years. I am thankful that Ruby Euell Hodges was my grandmother, and that she raised me.
Ingredients:
1 C Alga or Karo Dark Syrup
1 C sugar
½ C butter
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 ½ C pecan halves
1 Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust, unbaked
(my grandmother made her own...but i take the easy way out!

Instructions:
Melt butter, add sugar and syrup, and mix well. Beat in eggs, one at a time, mixing well. Add vanilla, mix well. Put pecans in bottom of crust; pour filling over. Bake at 400* for 10 minutes, then at 350* until just set.
I am sharing this recipe with Foodie Friday's. and Tea Party Tuesday.

7 comments:

  1. Patsy, Oh that sounds good. That is the recipe I have used for many years and is is awesome. Thanks for sharing.
    I bet you Grandmother's was much better than ours.
    Thanks for following, I am following back.
    Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving.
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to purusing your recipes. I am looking at the sidebar. They sound awesome. Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Ginger...and welcome!
    The home grown pecans, homemade butter and syrup gave her a great advantage!
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving to you & your family, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for dropping by. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your wonderful family! I know there will be a lot of delicious food on your table today. Lots of love from me to you. I am thankful for your friendship, Kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pecan pie is my favorite Thanksgiving dessert. Your recipe sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the compliment, and stopping by! I hope you will come back. I just joined your blog as a follower!

    ReplyDelete