I love my followers! Join us, and I will follow back! Making new friends is so much fun!

Monday, November 28, 2011

Sausage and Egg Casserole

I am going to a Daughters of 1812 meeting and brunch in the morning, so I am making this old stand by brunch dish to take.  It is easy, and you prepare it the night before.  It is perfect for an event like this, or when you have overnight guests, and don't want to spend the entire  morning in the kitchen.

Ingredients:
6 large eggs
2 C whole milk
7 slices bread, cubed
1 tsp. salt and ½ tsp. pepper
1 tsp. dry mustard
1# sausage, hot or mild
1 C Kraft Sharp cheese, grated

Instructions:
Brown and drain sausage.  Beat eggs, add all ingredients, and mix well.  Pour in 9x13 pan.  Chill 8 hours or overnight.  Bake in 350* oven for about 45 minutes.

4 comments:

  1. This sounds so cozy and must taste lovely too:) Nice brunch recipe - have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Daughters are going to love this fabulous sounding casserole!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello dear Patsy,
    Thanks so much for your kind words:)I sure do have a Gulab Jamun recipe to share with you!Planning to make them at home pretty soon and once done,I'll post the recipe for you to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, dear. I look forward to that! I want to make some for my niece when she comes to visit.

    ReplyDelete