I love my followers! Join us, and I will follow back! Making new friends is so much fun!

Friday, July 29, 2011

Texas Hot Water Cake


Mix:
2 C all-purpose flour
2 C sugar
1 tsp. soda
Mix and set aside

Put in a pot and bring to a boil:
1 stick butter
3 ½ TBS Hershey’s Cocoa
1 C water
½ C Crisco oil
Combine with above dry ingredients as soon as removed from stove.

Then Add:
1/3 C buttermilk
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
Mix by hand, pour into 9x13 pan that has been greased and floured. Bake at 400* for 20 minutes.

Icing:
1 stick butter
3 ½ TBS Hershey’s Cocoa
1/3 C whole milk
Boil together until well mixed.
Add immediately to:
1# box powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans.
Mix well and pour over cooled cake. This icing gets hard really fast, so spread it quickly.
My neighbor gave me this recipe when I moved to Texas over 25 years ago. This cake tastes even better the next day! Make it and enjoy a taste of TEXAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment