I love my followers! Join us, and I will follow back! Making new friends is so much fun!

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Tilapia Filets with Tomatoes, Garlic and Capers

This is a very tasty, quick and easy way to prepare fish.  My family loves it.  I serve it with a side of thin spaghetti with marinara sauce, a green salad and crusty bread!

Ingredients:
3 TBS oil; divided use
½ C flour
½ tsp. salt and ¼ tsp. pepper
4 Tilapia filets (6-8oz. each), or other mild whitefish filets; snapper, cod
¼ C onion, minced
1 C ripe tomato, coarsely chopped and seed removed
2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
2 TBS capers
¼ C dry white wine, such as Chardonnay
2 TBS fresh lemon juice
4 TBS butter

Instructions:
Heat 2 TBS of the oil in a 12” skillet over medium heat. Mix flour, salt and pepper; lightly coat fillets. Place coated fish in the hot oil, and cook 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove to a platter and cover with foil to keep warm. Add remaining oil to skillet along with onions; stir and cook until onion is translucent, about 2 minutes. Add tomato, garlic and capers and stir well. Add wine to the pan, stirring to loosen any brown bits from bottom of pan. Add lemon juice, and boil until liquid is reduced by half. Reduce heat to low and add butter; mix in and melt slowly. Place fillets on serving plates and spoon on sauce. Serve immediately.
Sharing this with Foodie Friday.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Patsy,

    I just stumbled across this posting of yours from last summer & I must tell you, it looks & sounds VERY much like a snapper recipe that I tried a long time ago. I think it was called "Snapper Veracruz"...I remember it had tomatoes & capers & garlic...maybe some olives, too??? I am anxious to try your version & then find my old recipe to compare. It WAS delicious, as I remember.

    Thanks for all the WONDERFUL recipes you share on your blog.
    fondly,
    Rett

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rett. We have really enjoyed this recipe. We went out to dinner last night, and my husband had a Red Snapper fillet with tomatoes, capers, garlic, onions...and Calamata olives. It was good, but the flavor was different, due to the addition of the olives...I was not dredged in flour either.

      Delete