I love my followers! Join us, and I will follow back! Making new friends is so much fun!

Monday, January 30, 2012

Mexican Dip


Super Bowl is this Sunday!  I am always looking for good snacks to serve.  I have used several layered Mexican dips over the years, but this is the best one I have tried.  Perfect blend of textures and flavors...delicious!

Ingredients:
4 medium ripe avocados
2 TBS lemon juice
½ tsp. salt         ¼ tsp. pepper
1 C sour cream
½ C mayo
1 pkg Taco Seasoning Mix
2 10 oz. cans jalapeno bean dip
3 green onions, chopped
3 medium tomatoes, chopped and drained
2  3½ oz. cans sliced ripe olives
Kraft shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese

Instructions:
Mix avocado with lemon, salt and pepper.  In separate bowl, mix sour cream, mayo and taco seasoning.
Layer:
In 9x13 baking dish, spread bean dip on bottom
Layer avocado next.
Layer cream mixture
Sprinkle with onions, tomatoes, and olives.
Cover with cheese
Serve with tortilla chips
Mix it up Monday
Tea Time Tuesday
Table Top Tuesday
Tea Party Tuesday
Wow Us Wednesdays
Thriving On Thursdays
Full Plate Thursday
Seasonal Sundays
Rock and Share
Seasonal Inspiration
Your Cozy Home



16 comments:

  1. Awesome dio this is, dear Patsy!I would love to plonk down on my sofa with a whole packet of Tostitos to have with this dip - lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sudha. It is a family favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! Thank you for following my blog and I hope you enjoy the Lentil Soup. I love cooking blogs and I am now following you too :) I am from East Texas so I have a lot of Southern influence in my cooking. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a Georgia girl...but have been in the Dallas area for 25 years. Thank you for stopping by, and for joining my blog! :)

      Delete
  4. You have a very nice blog...I will follow

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh.... I could seriously eat the entire thing all by myself. LOVE all the yumminess here.

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love your blog...just visited and am now following! Pat

      Delete
  6. Hi Patsy,
    I am always on the hunt for a new recipe. This one sounds really good and I will have to try it. My son is coming over on Sunday to watch the Super Bowl with his dad and I will need to serve nachos or something yummy. Thanks for sharing. I'm a new follower. Thank you for coming to tea.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandi. Thanks for joining...come back often. I am a follower of your lovely blog!
      Pat

      Delete
  7. Hi patsy,
    that looks yummy. Thank you for the recipe.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Johanna, thank you for stopping by. I have visited your lovely blog, and am a new follower! Patsy

      Delete
  8. That looks so delicious. I know my family would love this. Come visit. We have some really great recipe this week. Molten Cocoa Cake and Fat Free Sweet Potato Souffle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by! I visited, and joined your blog. The Chocolate dessert is right up my ally. I used to live in Rock Hill, SC...and am crazy about the Carolinas!

      Delete
  9. Hi Patsy-

    I love Mexican dips, and now you are tempting me with one you say is the best. It sure does look yummy, and I bet it is really tasty with tortilla chips or Fritos. Sure looks like perfect Super Bowl food to me! Just wanted you to know I'm a new follower. Thank you so much for adding this wonderful recipe to my party!

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete