I love my followers! Join us, and I will follow back! Making new friends is so much fun!

Friday, January 20, 2012

Pineapple Chess Pie

I love Chess pie because it is a tasty, quick dessert you can whip up in a hurry, with ingredients you have on hand!  I most often make lemon..because I am a lemon dessert addict who seriously needs intervention..but I like this one a LOT also!

Ingredients:
1 1/3 C sugar
1 TBS fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. vanilla
3 eggs
¼ C butter, melted
8oz. can crushed pineapple with juice
1 refrigerated pie crust, partially baked

Instructions:
Bake pie crust at 425* for about 10 minutes.  Melt butter; add sugar, eggs, lemon juice and vanilla; beat well.  Add crushed pineapple and juice and mix. Pour into pie crust and bake at 375* until filling is just set.  Good pie!

I am sharing this with Sweets for a Saturday. and Foodie Friday.



2 comments:

  1. Mmm, I've never seen a pineapple version of chess pie before. It must be so refreshing. Thanks so much for linking it up to Sweets for a Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandmother used to make it..I have never had it any where else. It is good! Thanks for letting me share on your blog!

    ReplyDelete